Monday, July 26, 2010

Wine tasting with Roderick Wong

It was a rather interesting session the other evening as I joined a group of wine connoisseurs as well as members of the media at a wine tasting at Hilton Kuching’s Senso bar/lounge.
Teaching some of us “freshies” how to do wine tasting was Hilton Kuala Lumpur’s Master Sommelier and president of the Sommelier Association of Malaysia, Roderick Wong.
I was there to take some photos for an editorial featuring Roderick.
At the end of the talk, I had him standing in front of a large glass window in Senso, with a nice view in the background.
I used a single flash to light him up, because otherwise you won’t be able to see his face, because the outside light was too bright.

The flash (off camera by the way) was positioned on a table on his right (in my case, on my left), because if it was attached to my camera, or if it was somewhere right in front of him, there would be a nasty reflection on the glass behind Roderick and everything would've looked awful!
Anyways, here’s a portrait of Roderick… plus a fun little photo I took of the wine glasses at the function. Enjoy! - Mark

Six types of wine for the wine tasting exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment