Monday, August 9, 2010

Gotta love food!

I love photographing food, simply because food comes in many shapes and sizes and can be very colourful (although sometimes food can look awful if they're not presented nicely on a plate).
That aside, I went to Pullman Kuching late evening today to shoot some food photos to accompany an editorial on the particular food.
This time around I felt joy, joy, nothing but joy... reason being that we're surrounded with white walls!!! Even if the lighting was warm, it didn't matter because the dishes were placed on a table right at the corner of the private dining room at the hotel's all day dining restaurant, Puzzle.
And since no one else was around yet to disrupt me in the middle of my shoot like they always do, I took my sweet time to do a multiple off camera flash set up. I didn't use softboxes or umbrellas or anything like that... just two simple flash units pointed towards the walls and ceiling and a remote commander attached to my camera. The result? Check em out below. - Mark

Cookies for takeaways during Ramadhan
A dish originally from Indonesia, called Nasi Tumpeng.
An assortment of succulent roasted meats... all for takeaway during the month of Ramadhan



No comments:

Post a Comment